SOCIAL MEDIA PROMOTIONS
Plan for the success of your event!
Administrating a camp can seem like a daunting task. Here are some suggestions that will both outline and help you see the full picture:
- Select several potential dates for your event (we recommend doing this at least a year in advance if you can).
- Contact BCC to inquire about availability and discuss your event.
- Finalize your event dates with BCC with a signed contract and deposit. Reserve all needed guest rooms, meetings rooms, and additional activities such as the pool (seasonal) and gymnasium.
- Create your event budget and decide on a per person price that you will charge attendees.
- Set registration and payment deadlines for your attendees.
- Create registration packets which should include all event details, deadlines, and registration forms.
- Put together an event promotion plan. Use many different methods to promote your event. Here are some ideas:
Social media promotions
- Set up a Facebook event
- Make announcements on Facebook
- Tweet short announcements
- Create and use a hashtag for your event (something short and original)
- Instagram announcements (images and quick videos)
- Email marketing
- Verbal announcements
- Mail promotional and registration materials
- Bulletin/newsletter announcements
- Promote the event on your website
- Create your event schedule. Doing this early will help you to make a list of what staff is needed to facilitate the activities, what supplies are needed, and any special reservations that need to be made with BCC (athletic fields, pool, etc.)
- Recruit all of the staff you will need to run your event.
- Offer fundraising options for your attendees.
- Pay close attention to BCC deadlines and provide attendee counts as requested. You’ll also want to clearly communicate any specific needs and special requests in advance.
- Create a plan for transportation to and from your event (children and youth specific events).
- A few weeks before your event, send out any final communications to your attendees (time to arrive, what to bring, etc.)
Christian Retreat Center Pennsylvania
Meet Carl Redding The New Executive Director