Who We Are
Assemblies of God 16 Fundamental Truths (summarized)
For more information, visit ag.org.
- WE BELIEVE… The Scriptures are Inspired by God.
- WE BELIEVE… There is only One True God–revealed in three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- WE BELIEVE… In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- WE BELIEVE… though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin.
- WE BELIEVE… Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through Salvation.
- WE BELIEVE… and practice two ordinances (1) Water Baptism by Immersion (2) Holy Communion.
- WE BELIEVE… the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service.
- WE BELIEVE… The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost.
- WE BELIEVE… Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christlike.
- WE BELIEVE… The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin.
- WE BELIEVE… A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church.
- WE BELIEVE… Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement.
- WE BELIEVE… in The Blessed Hope – When Jesus Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming).
- WE BELIEVE… in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years.
- WE BELIEVE… A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ.
- WE BELIEVE… and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him.